The financial advisor or specialist is a neutral third party who helps to sort out the family finances. They are available to help you with handling immediate financial concerns as well as with long-range financial planning. They serve many important functions which include the gathering of all information pertaining to family finances, preparation of budgets and money management.
They are also fully trained in family mediation and collaborative divorce and work in connection with the other collaborative divorce professionals. They provide yet another way to enter the collaborative divorce process.
- Jeff Lambert, CFP
- (916) 685-7040
- 1024 Iron Point Road
95630 United States
- My interest and involvement in collaborative practice came out of my lifelong interest inpeace. I grew up as a middle child in a large family and I’ve been a peacemaker andfacilitator all of my life. I’ve worked in the financial planning field since 1981 and openedmy own Fee-Only financial planning practice in 1992 where I act as a fiduciary puttingclient’ interests first. I have been involved in professional education in the field includingadjunct faculty at UC Davis Extension since 1996. I’ve received approximately 300hours of training in mediation, facilitation and collaborative practice.
- Maralee Nelder, Esq., CFLS*, CDFA**
- (530) 272-5672
- Post Office Box 1536, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- * Certified Family Law Specialist, Certified by Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California
** Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, Certified by Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- I have been interested in all facets of family law creative problem solving since I started to practice Family Law in Nevada County in 1982 and became a Certified Family Law Specialist (State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization) in 1987, In addition to being one of the founding member of the Nevada County Collaborative Practice Group, I have been an arbitrator since 1984, a Certified Mediator since the early 1990’s and serve as a settlement conference judge in Nevada County and adjacent counties. I have also acted as a Judge Pro Tem in Nevada, Placer, Sierra, and El Dorado counties. I maintain a very active team oriented family law practice.
In 2009, I became a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. This is not because I want to get away from being an attorney, but because the study area interests me as another set of tools to help people through the complex and difficult process of restructuring a family and a life.